The logistics of relocation are rarely easy for the employees being relocated, or for the HR managers organizing the relocation process. Your choice in a relocation management company-along with the service providers that company selects to assist with the relocation makes a tremendous difference.
When shopping for relocation service providers, you want a company whose relocation services make the move as stress-free as possible. A successful relocation process should:
- Aid in your company’s recruiting and retention initiatives.
- Make the relocation process low-stress for your company and the transferees
- Get transferees fully engaged, and focused on their new job, sooner.
- Help maintain productivity of the HR employees and other staff involved in the relocation process.
- Keep relocation costs down.
- Be consistent across your company, while offering flexibility to keep transferees satisfied.
Three Questions to Ask When You Shop For Company Relocation Services.
When you select a company to manage your relocation process, consider these important questions:
- Will the relocation process be fully integrated and aligned with your company’s strategic approach?
- Will that process also be customizable to meet transferees’ unique needs and situations and therefore ensure satisfaction at every level?
- Is your company relocation services firm keeping your best interests-not just profit motives-in mind?
Three Factors to Consider During the Relocation Process
Three key factors to consider when you select relocation service providers are:
Let’s look at how each of these factors relates to a successful relocation process.
The results of a successful relocation process should be measurable. Look for a knowledge management solution, allowing authorized personnel in any department of your company to generate reports at any time. From budgeting for expenses to calculating lost time and productivity, metrics give you clear answers regarding each relocation. Every relocation should begin and end with a process which tracks problems, challenges, and opportunities for improvement during a relocation. Then the relocation company should work together with you to refine the process prior to the next relocation.
The performance of the relocation company – not corporate relationships – should drive use. Look for a corporate relocation service who delivers on service and value. Check their history and testimonials from clients.
Look at whether or not the company is open and honest about their process. They may derive part of our income from some of the service providers, the primary focus should be on the clients and getting the best service providers offering the best value available in their class.
Using the right relocation service providers can make a huge difference in the relocation process for your transferred employees and for your HR staff. Above all you want a company that ensures your employees and HR staff won’t have to stress over the logistics of relocation.
Mickey Williams is the President and CEO of CapRelo. CapRelo provides relocation services internationally and across North America for Fortune 2000 companies, the federal government, as well as smaller firms. By allocating the right resources to core customer groups–clients, employees, transferees, suppliers, and affiliates, Williams reinforces CapRelo’s values, culture, and vision, as well as returning value to his shareholders. Flyttefirma Danmark
Well versed in federal government programs, Williams lead the acquisition of two major, federally focused relocation companies with the resulting relocation firm being the largest in the business today.